Fast Relief of:
- Sinus Pressure
- Nasal Congestion
- Aspirin (NSAID) (pain reliever / fever reducer)
- Phenylephrine Bitartrate (nasal decongestant)
Active ingredients (in each tablet). Purpose
Aspirin 325 mg (NSAID)*. Pain reliever/fever reducer
Phenylephrine bitartrate 7.8 mg. Nasal decongestant
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold:
- minor aches and pains
- nasal congestion
- sinus congestion and pressure
- temporarily reduces fever
Reye?s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
Stomach bleeding warning:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Do not use
- if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have
- thyroid disease
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- a sodium-restricted diet
- taking a prescription drug for
When using this product do not exceed recommended dosage
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- pain or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
adults and children 12 years and over:
- take 2 tablets fully dissolved in 4 oz of water every 4 hours.
- do not exceed 8 tablets in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor.
children under 12 years:
- each tablet contains: sodium 476 mg
- Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine 9 mg Per Tablet
- protect from excessive heat
acesulfame potassium, anhydrous citric acid, aspartame, calcium silicate, dimethylpolysiloxane, docusate sodium, flavors, mannitol, povidone, sodium benzoate, sodium bicarbonate
Questions or comments? 1-800-986-0369 (Mon - Fri 9AM - 5PM EST) or www.alkaseltzerplus.com