The immune system is a network of cells, tissues, and organs that work together to defend the body against attacks by ?foreign? invaders, such as viruses, that could cause sickness. Although the immune system is effective on its own in healthy individuals, there are steps you can take to help support your immunity:
- Maintain adequate humidity in rooms. Viruses spread more easily in low humidity, while dry air weakens the respiratory tract.
- Eat Right - Practice a healthy lifestyle by eating a balanced diet of nutritious foods, including fruits and vegetables, getting enough sleep and regular exercise. All these things help the immune system fight off germs that can make you sick.
- Consume Alcohol in Moderation - Too much alcohol triggers the depletion of important essential elements like Zinc, Vitamin B, Magnesium, Calcium, Phosphate and Vitamin C, which in turn weakens your immune system.
- Use a Disinfectant - It is important to keep surfaces clean with a disinfectant to minimize exposure to viruses. Keep in mind that too much use of disinfectants can trigger allergies.
- Don't Smoke - Apart from lowering your body's immune defense, smoking makes it harder for the body to keep bacteria and debris out of the lungs.